How do you draw wavy hair step by step?
3. How to Draw Wavy Hair
- Draw the volume of the hair around the head.
- Draw the parting.
- Draw the outline of the strokes surrounding the face.
- Make the hair seem elevated by filling the area between it and the scalp.
- Add gentle waves above the first strand-lines without touching them.
How do you shade wavy hair with a pencil?
Long, Wavy Hair
- Draw the Shapes. To begin, lightly draw the shapes of the hair with a mechanical pencil. Then, go over it with some Dark Umber to separate the layers of the hair.
- Create the Hair Strands. Next, add Light Umber to the hair, and then deepen the dark areas with Dark Umber.
- Deepen and Darken.
What do hair waves look like?
Waves are a hairstyle for curly hair in which the curls are brushed and/or combed and flattened out, creating a ripple-like pattern. The hairstyle is achieved with a short-cropped haircut on top and frequent brushing and/or combing of the curls (which trains the curls to flatten out), as well as wearing a du-rag.
Which pencil is used for sketching hair?
I’d recommend using a softer pencil grade such as B or 2B, and shade the darkest areas on your sketch where least amount of light reaches the hair.