- 1 How much are GHD straighteners?
- 2 What is the best GHD for my hair?
- 3 Why are ghd straighteners so expensive?
- 4 Why are ghd straighteners so good?
- 5 Is GHD or Cloud 9 better?
- 6 Is GHD worth the money?
- 7 Do GHD damage your hair?
- 8 Are GHD straighteners the best?
- 9 What is the least damaging hair straightener?
- 10 Can old GHDs ruin your hair?
- 11 What’s the most expensive straightener?
How much are GHD straighteners?
GHD straighteners vary in price, depending on the model you choose and offers on at authorised retailers. At present, you can nab a pair for as cheap as £92.70 – but the more premium models, such as the GHD Platinum plus will set you back £170.
What is the best GHD for my hair?
Best ghd hair straighteners: our verdict
- ghd Platinum+ Best ghd straightener overall.
- ghd Original IV. Bestselling ghd straightener.
- ghd Gold. Best GHD straightener for curling and waving hair.
- ghd Max. Best ghd straightener for thick or long hair.
- ghd Mini. Best ghd straightener for short hair, bangs, and quick touch-ups.
Why are ghd straighteners so expensive?
They’re made from 18k gold. Ghd has unveiled the world’s most expensive straighteners, which just so happen to be made from 18K gold and are worth a staggering £1,000. ghd has made only 70 tools, with just 10 exclusively available in the UK – and you won’t find them on sale. So how do you get one?
Why are ghd straighteners so good?
The general consensus with the OG GHD straightener is that it has great features and does the job perfectly. It features floating ceramic plates that glide easily through the hair and a rounded barrel which ensures snag-free styling when you want to make waves, as well as ticking the box for safety features.
Is GHD or Cloud 9 better?
So which is better? There is no doubt that both ghd and Cloud Nine are fantastic quality straighteners, however, there has to be a winner. Cloud Nine v ghd IV – Cloud Nines perform better in both straightening and curling. While, the Cloud Nines are fantastic irons, overall we would recommend the ghd Gold Styler.
Is GHD worth the money?
It’s difficult to review whether the fact that the sensors monitoring heat 250 times a second is the culprit for leaving our hair so smooth, because you don’t actually notice any alterations happening when you’re using them. We would say that they’re worth it for providing fast, long-lasting results though.
Do GHD damage your hair?
The GHD Platinum+ Styler is truly like no other—its predictive heat technology ensures that you’re not damaging or singeing your hair, even when straightening every day.
Are GHD straighteners the best?
ghd, a go-to brand for many, lived up to its reputation in our blind tests. Its lightweight straighteners were the panel’s favourite and the highest scorer in this year’s line-up. The rounded barrel makes creating curls and waves easier, and our testers had no trouble using it for a variety of styles.
What is the least damaging hair straightener?
5 best hair straighteners that won’t damage your hair
- ghd Platinum+ Professional Styler. ghd platinum + professional styler.
- Cloud Nine The Wide Iron. Cloud Nine, The Wide Iron.
- Paul Mitchell Neuro Smooth XL.
- Dura CHI Ceramic & Titanium Infused Hairstyling Iron.
- Remington Air Plates Ceramic Straightener.
Can old GHDs ruin your hair?
GHD education manager Robert Kovacs is reported by Mamamia to have said old straighteners can damage your hair. ‘The condition of your hair may be affected. It can cause dry and split ends, and lack of shine,’ he said.
What’s the most expensive straightener?
Hair giants GHD have released a straightener with a serious case of the Midas Touch. A hot iron made entirely from gold that’s worth more than $3,000 has just been released by the UK-based brand. The ‘ GHD Gold 18K’ styler features shimmering gold-coloured plates and real 18k gold pivot caps.